Making a commitment to our inner muse and cultivating our creativity and uniqueness helps us to be successful. Our muse (in Greek and Roman mythology) presides over the arts and sciences. A muse is a woman, or a force personified as a woman, who is the source of inspiration for a creative artist. There are thousands of ways to express yourself creatively, so to keep our focus, it helps to have a written Muse Agreement. The goal is to help you communicate with your muse, similar to a personal mission statement or an artist’s statement. Here are some questions to guide you to reflect your creative purpose and goals.
- What is your vision for your creativity and how do you want to express it?
- What creative ideas seem to be calling you right now?
- Which idea do you want to explore first? What are the first steps to explore?
- What would be easy for you to accomplish right now?
- What would be the most challenging?
- What promises will you make to keep you connected to your muse?
- How will you reward yourself?
Read your Muse Agreement each week — it will change your life because you will be full of inspiration when you tap into your muse. She will reward you!